UPDATE. I-35 northbound near Owatonna has reopened to traffic following a multi vehicle crash this morning. Travel safely, headlights on, stay back from the snowplows. https://t.co/PVEfi5fA9Y https://t.co/V9W3JeR0ye
— MnDOT District 6 (@mndotsoutheast) December 12, 2019
OWATONNA, Minn. - More than 25 vehicles, including six semis, were involved in a crash on I-35 near Owatonna that resulted in a detour being put in place.
The Minnesota State Patrol said it involved 20 passenger cars and six semis.
The northbound lanes were closed and detoured for approximately three hours, MnDOT said.
"On 12-12-19, at approximately at 0920 State Patrol responded to a vehicle in the center median at I-35W & MP 41 Northbound, 1 mile North of USTH 14 (South of Owatonna). While the Trooper was assisting the vehicle, a second vehicle went into the center median behind him," State Patrol said.
Minor injuries were reported. There were no serious injuries, authorities said.
12-12-19, 0920 time crashes reported
I-35W Northbound 1 mile North of USTH 14(South of
Owatonna), crash involving 20 passenger cars and 6 jackknifed semi’s.
detour is in place and working on clearing the lanes No serious injuries
only minor. Estimated reopening I-35 is noon
— Sgt. T. Christianson (@MSPPIO_SOUTH) December 12, 2019
According to MnDOT, the accident occurred near Exit 40: US 14 and Exit 41: Bridge Street (Owatonna).
For the latest Iowa road conditions, click here.
For the latest Minnesota road conditions, click here.
For Iowa DOT traffic cameras, click here.
For Minnesota DOT traffic cameras, click here.
For Iowa DOT rest stop locations, click here.
For Minnesota DOT rest stop locations, click here.
CUSTOM FORECAST: Current Conditions
MORE: Maps & Radars
ROAD CONDITIONS: Click Here
INTERACTIVE RADAR: Click Here
LIVE EYE: Tower Cams
SIGN UP: KIMT News 3 Email Newsletter
- More than 25 vehicles, including 6 semis, involved in I-35 crash near Owatonna
- UPDATE: Northbound I-35 between Albert Lea and Owatonna is open
- Rochester woman 1 of 2 killed in I-35 crash near Owatonna
- Three crashes reported on I-35 near Albert Lea, including a jack-knifed semi
- Semi breakdown halts traffic at I-35 exit
- UPDATE: I-35 reopened after semi crash in Worth County
- Semi crashes under overpass on I-35 in Franklin County
- 4 vehicles, including Sheriff's vehicle, involved in Mower County accident
- Prison sentence for Owatonna man
- UPDATE: Iowa State Patrol says over 70 vehicles involved in I-35 crash