CERRO GORDO COUNTY, Iowa - One man is dead after a three-vehicle collision southwest of Mason City.
It happened on Mallard Avenue between 240th and 250th Street just after 2 p.m. Sunday.
Martin Ross, 26, of Mason City, was driving northbound on Mallard Avenue.
A second vehicle was driven by 60-year-old Jeffrey Robak, of Plymouth, was driving southbound. A third vehicle was driven by 17-year-old Kaleb Badker, of Ogden, was following Robak.
According to Iowa State Patrol, Ross crossed the center line colliding head-on with Robak’s vehicle. That’s when Badker’s car hit the side of Robak’s van.
All vehicles came to rest in the southbound lane of traffic.
Ross was pronounced dead at the scene. Robak was transported by Mercy Air and Badker was taken by ambulance to Mercy Medical Center.
Iowa State Patrol says the crash remains under investigation.
- One person dead after multi-vehicle collision Sunday southwest of Mason City
- Multi-vehicle collision in Rochester
- Multi-vehicle crash Tuesday in Mason City
- Five-vehicle collision in Mason City
- Vehicle flips in Mason City collision
- Rollover southwest of Mason City
- Surveillance video captures vehicle vs. bike collision in Mason City
- Jeep totaled in Mason City collision
- Two-vehicle collision south of Charles City
- Two-vehicle collision in Byron