AUSTIN, Minn. - An Austin family was displaced the day after Thanksgiving after a house fire that took place just after the family was decorating for Christmas.
Authorities said the fire happened Friday night in the 700 block of 5th Ave. NW.
Amanda Rosenbush and her two kids were home at the time but were not injured during the fire.
Rosenbush said they were putting up Christmas decorations before she closed her eyes for a few minutes and then a neighbor alerted the family to the fire.
"I'm heartbroken," Rosenbush said. " It's been challenging explaining what happen to my young daughters."
Rosenbush said it could take 6 months to a year to a year for the home to be rebuilt. She said she and her family need a safe place to stay as soon as possible.
If you would like to help here is a link https://www.gofundme.com/f/2jayuc-holiday-house-fire?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet
- Mower County family displaced, looking for new home after house fire
- Rochester apartment fire temporarily displaces family
- Mower County fugitive sentenced
- Sunday morning house fire in rural Mower county
- House fire early Wednesday morning in Mower County
- Fire in Mower county destroys two vehicles
- Fire displaces Albert Lea family, causes $100K in damage
- Mower County Family Planning Clinic is closing its doors
- Mower Co. home suffers extensive floor, smoke damage after fire
- Mower Co. home severely damaged by Monday morning fire