AUSTIN, Minn. - The Austin Chamber of Commerce's Government Affairs Committee partnered with KAUS Radio to hold a Mower County candidate forum at the Austin Eagles Club.
Candidates for Mower County sheriff, auditor/treasurer, and 3rd and 4th district County Commissioner asked questions on a variety of issues.
"The biggest reason we do this is to educate the voters, give them a chance to hear the candidates, put a face to some of the names," explains Taggert Medgaarden, chair of the Government Affairs Committee.
"Issues are important. but... It's the person youre voting for, the person. If you feel confident in a person, you're sure that they're going to resolve the issues fairly well," adds Mayor Tom Stiehm.
There will be another forum on October 24 from 12PM-1:30PM where the community can hear from the candidates for Austin City Council and Legislative Districts 27A and 27B. Registration is $10 for Chamber members, $15 for non-members. Lunch is included.
- Mower County candidate forum held to educate voters
- Rochester mayoral candidate forum
- Mower County fugitive sentenced
- Rochester Public School Board candidate forum
- Rochester City Council Ward 1 Candidate Forum
- Republican candidates work to energize voters
- Candidates seeking new caucus voters in Iowa
- A look ahead to the Mayoral Candidate Forum
- Public forum features candidates for Austin City Council positions
- Community Peoples’ Forum – Our Voices, Our Votes held in Rochester