MOWER COUNTY, Minn. - Authorities in southern Minnesota are asking for the public’s help to locate a wanted man.
At 12:28 p.m. Tuesday, a call came into Mower County dispatch about a man, Dana Plotts, with warrants at a residence in the 400 block of 2nd St. in Lyle.
Authorities said Wednesday has three non-violent warrants. Plotts has outstanding warrants for failure to pay child support, contempt of court for not showing up for a child support case, a gross misdemeanor for driving after cancellation.
After setting up a perimeter the Austin Mower Sirt team search Plotts residence.
"We've never known this individual to be violent with law enforcement," Lyle Police Chief said. The concerns were raised after we made entry into the house. we had a few things that raise our concerns."
Plotts were not found at the location and the Lyle school went into a soft lockdown.
"It's standard protocol for us to notify the school when we have an incident going down," Lyle Police Chief said. "The school is in close proximity so we notified them what's happening. They went into what we call a soft lockdown they hold the kids in school so no kids are exiting and walking down the street for example while we are conducting the search warrant."
Lyle resident Rachel Trocinski is Plotts neighbor. She says the scene was swamped with law enforcement. She further explained after the police left she went into Plotts house to check on his cats.
"The couch cushions are off, the mattress was moved off the beds," Trocinski said. "I mean everything is just thrown everywhere. it's a complete mess from top to bottom."
She was able to put on the phone with a man she identified as fugitive Dana Alan Plotts.
" I will be talking to police," Plotts said. "To be honest my mom had the court date and when I asked her about it it was a simple misunderstanding."
Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call the Mower County Sheriff’s Office.
- Mower County authorities asking for public's help to locate wanted man
- Authorities asking for public's help to locate wanted man
- Wanted Mower County man taken into custody
- Mower County fugitive sentenced
- Authorities asking for public's help to locate man involved in multi-county SE Minnesota pursuit
- Mitchell County man dies in Mower County
- Texas man sentenced for Mower County theft
- Update: Wanted southern MN man located unresponsive
- Wanted Olmsted County man located, now facing additional drug charges
- Mother: Missing Mower County man found dead; Authorities confirm skeletal remains found