MASON CITY, Iowa – Trial has been set in the case of some “movie money” being passed off as the real thing.
40-year-old Charles Edward Reich of Mason City is charged with one count of forgery. Authorities say he used fake cash marked “For Motion Pictures Use Only” at two Mason City businesses on December 13, 2017. When Reich was pulled over for an unrelated traffic stop, officers said they found another phony $50 between the driver’s seat and the center console.
Reich has entered a plea of not guilty. His trial is scheduled for April 10.
- "Movie money" trial set
- Mason City man gets probation for movie money
- Trial set in Rochester shooting
- Trial set in Rochester robbery
- Trial set in Rochester gunfire
- New trial set for Charles City killer
- Trial set in fatal Hancock County crash
- Trial date set for accused killer
- Trial set in Charles City drug case
- Trial set in Cresco car theft