ALDEN, Minn. – Two people are hurt after a motorcycle accident in western Freeborn County.
The Minnesota State Patrol says Jimmy W. Spelts, 48 of Portsmouth, Virginia, was riding a 2009 Honda motorcycle eastbound on Interstate 90, took the ramp to Highway 109, and fell over when the rear tire blew out.
Spelts and a passenger, Darlene Hall Spelts, 58 of Portsmouth, VA, suffered what are described as non-life threatening injuries and were taken to Mayo Clinic Health System in Albert Lea. The State Patrol says both were wearing their helmets.
The Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office, Alden First Responders, and Gold Cross Ambulance assisted at the scene of this crash, which happened around 3 pm Wednesday.
- Motorcycle crash in Freeborn County
- Motorcycle accident in Freeborn County
- Motorcycle crash in Fillmore County
- Truck/semi crash in Freeborn County
- Crash on I-90 in Freeborn County
- One-vehicle crash in Freeborn County
- One injured in Freeborn County crash
- Woman injured in Freeborn County crash
- Freeborn County crash injures one person
- Freeborn County Relay for Life