AUSTIN, Minn. – A woman accused of abducting her own children is pleading not guilty.
Izetta Rose Cooley, 39, is charged with two counts of kidnapping to facilitate a felony or flight and two counts of depriving custody rights in violation of a court order. Authorities say Cooley was under court order to have no contact with her five children but took four of them from a home in Rose Creek on September 29.
A warrant was issued for her arrest and Cooley and four of the children were found in a home in Moorehead on October 2. The fifth child was located three days later.
Izetta Cooley is scheduled to stand trial on March 18, 2019 in Mower County District County.
Her husband, Miguel Cooley, is accused of killing a man outside a McDonald’s restaurant in Fargo, North Dakota on September 23. Miguel Cooley was later arrested in southeastern Minnesota.
- Mother pleads not guilty to kidnapping her children
- Hancock County man pleads guilty to kidnapping
- Man pleads not guilty to kidnapping in child torture case
- Lake Mills man pleads not guilty to kidnapping related crimes
- Report: Defendant in Closs kidnapping to plead guilty
- Austin man pleads not guilty to kidnapping charge
- Woman pleads guilty to kidnapping in adopted daughter's death
- Gruelke pleads guilty
- Najera pleads not guilty
- Betsinger pleads not guilty