The mother of a missing Mower County man told KIMT that her son, Steven Holm, has been found dead.
Linda Bergman said her 35-year-old son was found dead Thursday at Forestville/Mystery Cave State Park in Fillmore County. She said the body was found by a private search party.
A vehicle registered to Holm, who was from Le Roy, was found in at the park Aug. 2.
The Mower County Sheriff's Office said Friday that the remains were "largely skeletonized and unidentifiable."
Authorities said the body and remains were sent to the Southeast Regional Medical Examiner's Office.
The sheriff's office said it could be the missing man but evidence at this point wasn't conclusive.
Authorities asked for the public’s help in locating Holm nearly two weeks ago.
Authorities said he was last seen in Mankato on July 30.
"We are lost, our family needs him home," Bergman said upon the news her son was missing.
The Mower County Sheriff's Office released the following statement Thursday:
This morning (09/19/2019) the Fillmore County Sheriff’s Office received a report of possible human remains being located in a remote area in or near Forestville State Park.
A collaborative investigation by the Mower County and Fillmore County Sheriff’s Offices is ongoing. Positive identification of the remains and the manner of death has not been determined at this time. The remains are being transported to the SE MN Regional Medical Examiner’s Office for autopsy.
- Mother: Missing Mower County man found dead; Authorities confirm skeletal remains found
- Missing child from Mower County found safe
- Missing Marshalltown teen found dead
- Authorities identify man found dead along Rochester road
- UPDATE: Missing Austin man found
- Authorities: Remains found in SE Minnesota identified as Steven Holm
- UPDATE: Missing Winneshiek County man found
- Missing Minnesota couple found dead in vehicle
- Abandoned house in Mower County found full engulfed
- Body found in Marshalltown confirmed as missing Mason City woman