BELMOND, Iowa – One person died after a car/motorcycle collision in Hancock County.
The Patrol says 33-year-old Shannon L. Gamble of Garner was driving a car south on Highway 69 while 31-year-old Nathan R. Wadsley of Belmond was northbound on a motorcycle.
Gamble attempted to pass another southbound vehicle and collided head on with Wadsley.
The motorcycle ended up in the east ditch and the car came to a stop in the west ditch.
Wadsley was pronounced dead at the scene. Gamble was transported to Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa by medical helicopter, where she was treated and transferred to another facility.
Gamble was later charged with homicide by vehicle and OWI.
- Most read of 2017: Motorcyclist killed in Hancock County, woman charged
- Probation for Hancock County woman
- Illinois woman charged with jewelry theft in Hancock County
- Woman sentenced in deadly Hancock County crash
- Three facing drug charges in Hancock County
- Motorcyclist hit in Rochester
- Name released of Iowa motorcyclist killed in Fillmore County crash
- Motorcyclist hits a deer in Mower County
- Hancock County woman sentenced for stealing pain medication
- Ionia woman facing drug trial in Hancock County