UPDATE: According to Alliant Energy's website, power is now restored to the more than 2,700 Mason City customers who experienced an outage this morning.
MASON CITY, Iowa – A power outage in Mason City has left more than 2,700 customers without power.
According to the Alliant Energy outage map, it began at 9:44 a.m. for an unknown reason.
The estimated time of restoration is noon.
- UPDATE: Power restored to more than 2,700 Alliant Energy customers in Mason City
- Alliant Energy customers can purchase trees through "Operation ReLeaf"
- Accused Alliant Energy burglar pleads not guilty
- Iowa approves rate hike for Alliant Energy
- Alliant Energy releases flood safety information
- Two Alliant Energy employees credited with helping elderly woman during Mason City dog attack
- Packed house, strong opinions during Alliant Energy forum in Mason City
- Final sentence in theft from Alliant Energy trucks
- Alliant Energy working on upgrading Cerro Gordo County's electric system
- Alliant Energy increasing its gas and electric prices