MASON CITY, Iowa - Another road construction project in North Iowa will lead to some detours.
Beginning Monday, Federal Avenue at 5th Street Southwest will be closed, with north and southbound traffic being diverted to a detour on 4th Street Southwest, Monroe Avenue, and 19th Street Southwest.
The closure will remain in effect until September 28th.
Brenda Adams is the owner of Color Couture, which is in the work zone and also in between 5th and 6th Streets, and just moved to the location about two weeks ago. She says the construction is not deterring her clients.
"Since we moved here, it's been a challenge to help our clients get here. But they love us. They'll climb through dirt paths to get to us. I'm not real worried about it, although it can be scary because I'm worried about people getting in accidents. We know people will probably be late."
Despite the large amount of road work this year, she remains optimistic.
"It is definitely overwhelming. I am very excited for the future and I'm going to try to be patient waiting for it."
Some changes did take effect on Friday; South Jefferson Avenue at 5th Street Southwest was closed, while South President and Pennsylvania Avenues were reopened.
- More road closures begin Monday in Mason City
- Mason City road closure to start Monday
- Road closure starts Monday in Mason City
- Road closure starts Tuesday in Mason City
- Bridge closure in Mason City
- Two roads closed Monday in Mason City
- Road closures in Mason City and Charles City to start Monday
- Update: Flooding causing Mason City closures, including roads, Human Society
- Mason City YMCA begins Summer Feeding program