WORTH COUNTY, Iowa – More details have been released regarding a fatal tractor vs. train accident Tuesday in Worth County.
The name of the victim will be released at a later date, authorities said.
The Iowa State Patrol said a tractor pulling a chemical sprayer was heading southbound when it failed to yield at the railroad crossing at 8 a.m. Tuesday at Ulmus Ave. and 350th St.
The train “struck the sprayer and drug the tractor and sprayer several yards. The operator of the tractor was ejected and died from his injuries,” the crash report stated.
- More details released regarding fatal tractor vs. train crash in Worth Co.
- Authorities ID man killed in Worth County tractor-train collision
- UPDATE: 1 dead after train vs. tractor collision in Worth County
- Fatal train crash in Chickasaw County
- Name released in fatal Winona crash
- Learning tractor safety
- Worth County crash Monday morning
- Minnesota train operator in fatal crash cannot be charged
- UPDATE: Name released in fatal Olmsted County crash
- Tractor fire in Floyd County