Photo Gallery 2 Images
CUSTOM FORECAST: Current Conditions
MORE: Maps & Radars
ROAD CONDITIONS: Click Here
INTERACTIVE RADAR: Click Here
LIVE EYE: Tower Cams
SIGN UP: KIMT News 3 Email Newsletter
Wind Chill Advisory
Areas Affected: Cerro Gordo; Emmet; Franklin; Hancock; Humboldt; Kossuth; Palo Alto; Pocahontas; Winnebago; Worth; Wright
NWS DesMoines (Central Iowa)
...Blowing Snow Across Northern Iowa This Afternoon then Bitter Wind Chills Tonight... .A strong cold front currently moving through northwest and northern Iowa will continue to bring about colder temperatures and blowing snow that will reduce visibilities to a mile or less at times and produce slick or icy road conditions. Blowing snow and associated travel hazards will continue through the afternoon before subsiding in the evening and giving way to bitter cold and hazardous wind chills overnight. ...WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THIS EVENING TO 9 AM CST FRIDAY... ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY WILL EXPIRE AT 6 PM CST THIS EVENING...
* WHAT...Very cold wind chills expected. Wind chills as low as 30 below zero expected.
* WHERE...Northern Iowa.
* WHEN...For the Winter Weather Advisory, until 6 PM CST this evening. For the Wind Chill Advisory, from 11 PM this evening to 9 AM CST Friday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The cold wind chills could cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 30 minutes.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will combine to create low wind chills. Frostbite and hypothermia can occur if precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and gloves.
- Tracking dangerous road conditions, wind chills into Friday
- Tracking another round of dangerous wind chills
- Wind Chill Warning: Wind chills of 30 below or less
- From a Blizzard Warning to dangerously cold wind chills early Friday
- Life-threatening wind chills could break records
- Wind Chill Warnings issued for Tuesday-Thursday; Wind chills as low as 60 below zero possible
- Quick changing road conditions
- Spring driving conditions on rural roads can be dangerous
- Coming up: Wind chill temps could reach 50-below this week
- Warmer temperatures affecting road conditions