ROCHESTER, Minn.- Just under 2 weeks ago, the Cleveland Indians MLB team took their mascot, Chief Wahoo, off of their hats and jerseys.
But the conversation isn't stopping there. A movie called, "More Than A Word" was shown to parents, students, and teachers to have an open conversation on stereotypes about Native Americans.
The main topic of the discussion was how de-humanizing Native American mascots are. Those at the event say they just wish people would get to know their culture.
- More Than A Word
- Farmer Spreads The Word of Struggle
- Still awaiting word on the contents of the Mueller Report
- Last bills settled; lawmakers await word on special session
- Words of Wisdom for the Class of 2019
- Group holds prayer service at site of stabbings, says 'spread the word of love'
- Iowa State to host Incarnate Word in makeup for lost opener
- These are the hardest-to-spell words in the English language