MASON CITY, Iowa – Almost 200 riders turned out for a 10-mile Moonlight Bike Ride on Saturday.
Organizers says this was the return of the event after a several year hiatus. Riders met at Southbridge Mall to get their glow sticks and lights, while enjoying music from local performer “Ruthless Ruth”, then got a snack at the half-way point at NIACC and breakfast burritos from Mr. Taco at the finish line.
The Mason City Chamber of Commerce’s Worksite Wellness Committee says the Bike Ride is a family-friendly “way to enjoy bike trails and build a healthier community.”
All photos thanks to Allyson Krull of the Mason City Chamber.
- Moonlight Bike Ride lights up Mason City
- Mason City bike program relaunched
- Patriot Ride leaves Mason City
- Jingle Ride through Mason City for affordable biking, feeding the hungry
- Truck hits light pole in Mason City
- A bike ride with a 'sweet' reward
- Family bike ride to support area youth
- Mason City man pleads not guilty to bike theft sting
- Mason City commission looking to update bike ordinance
- North-South bike trail in Mason City moves forward