ROCHESTER, Minn. -- On Saturday, community members gathered at Peace Plaza for the Wear Orange Rally one day after National Gun Violence Awareness Day.
The crowd heard from gun survivor Bob Mokos of Everytown Survivor Network, Mayor Ardell Brede, Representative Ilhan Omar, Representative Dave Pinto, Senator Tina Smith, and Officer Joel Miller.
Byron mother of 2 Alisha Eicken attended the event as a volunteer. She says was motivated to get involved after the parkland shooting, though she tells KIMT she doesn't worry about her own children's safety. "No, because they're white... And they're young. I'm so lucky, but not everyone has that privilege," she explains.
Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense hosted the event.
- Moms come together for Wear Orange Rally
- Minnesota TV reporter fired for wearing Trump hat at rally
- National Wear Red Day
- Minnesota TV reporter fired for wearing MAGA hat while covering Trump rally
- National Real Men Wear Pink Day
- Iowa teacher says she didn't know wearing blackface was offensive
- Superintendent reacts to teacher rally
- An event supporting mom-owned businesses
- Helping moms in need for Mother's Day
- Mason City mom sentenced for drug possession