ROCHESTER, Minn. – Southbound Interstate 35 near Clarks Grove, north of Albert Lea, is again open to traffic.
It was closed for over four hours because of a multi-vehicle collision.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation says road conditions remain icy and snow packed and drivers should use caution.
Previous stories below
ROCHESTER, Minn. – Southbound Interstate 35 near Clarks Grove, north of Albert Lea, is closed due to a multi-vehicle crash.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation says traffic is being detoured at Highway 251, east to Freeborn County Road 26, then south to Interstate 90 west. Officials say it could take several hours to clear the scene and traffic delays should be expected.
Law enforcement is also reporting difficult driving conditions on I-90 in Mower County, Highway 14 between Dodge Center and I-35, as well as other areas of southeast Minnesota due to strong winds, blowing snow, and icy road conditions.
FREEBORN COUNTY, Minn. - Multiple accidents were reported in Freeborn County between Albert Lea and Clarks Grove, and the road could be closed for "several hours" as law enforcement clears the scene.
"Southbound I-35 closed near Clarks Grove north of Albert Lea due to multi-vehicle crash. Traffic being detoured at Highway 251. Could take several hours to clear scene," MnDOT said on Twitter just after 4 p.m.
You can find road conditions and accidents below.
For Iowa DOT traffic cameras, click here.
For Minnesota DOT traffic cameras, click here.
- UPDATE: Southbound I-35 reopened near Albert Lea
- UPDATE: Northbound I-35 between Albert Lea and Owatonna is open
- Semi accident slowing traffic on I-35 north of Albert Lea
- Albert Lea stabber sentenced
- UPDATE: Child rescued at Albert Lea YMCA
- Albert Lea shelter reopens after parvo case confirmed
- UPDATE: I-35 reopened after semi crash in Worth County
- UPDATE: I-35 reopened from Ames to the Minnesota border
- I-35 and I-90 reopened in southern Minnesota
- Albert Lea police investigate shooting