UPDATE: Law enforcement says an active warrant is now out for Izetta Cooley.
In addition, authorities say it is possible that Izetta and her five missing children are not all together. The Mower County Sheriff's Office continues to ask for help to finding the Cooley children, Mateo, 10; Mollycia, 11; Mojo, 13; Morgan, 16; and Marco, 17.
Vehicle in which the Cooleys may be traveling.
Previous story below
ROSE CREEK, Minn. (AP) — Authorities in Minnesota are seeking five children missing along with their mother, who is the wife of a murder suspect.
The Mower County Sheriff's Office is asking for help finding 39-year-old Izetta Cooley and her five children, ages 10 to 17.
Authorities say Cooley is under court order not to have contact with her children, but she came to a home in Rose Creek where they were staying and took three of them. Authorities say the other two children were not seen but it's possible all five are traveling with her.
Cooley's husband, 44-year-old Miguel Cooley of Moorhead, is accused of fatally shooting 20-year-old Gabriel Perez outside a McDonald's restaurant in Fargo, North Dakota, on Sept. 23. Miguel Cooley was later arrested in southeastern Minnesota.
Authorities say Izetta Cooley and her children may be in Minnesota but also may be traveling in South Dakota or North Dakota.
Anyone with information about the Cooley children is asked to dial 911 or call the Mower County Sheriff’s Office at 1- 507-437-9400.
- UPDATE: Warrant issued for mother of five missing children
- Warrants issued in case of missing truck and dog
- Minnesota mother arrested, 4 of 5 missing children found
- Missing Florida mother and her four children all found dead, sheriff says
- UPDATE: Son arrested for mother's death
- Attempted murder warrant issued after alleged Mower Co. hit and run
- Dodge County has protocol for missing children
- UPDATE: Missing Austin man found
- UPDATE: Missing teen found unharmed
- Mother pleads not guilty to kidnapping her children