MASON CITY, Iowa – A Mason City girl missing for nearly two months has been located and an 18-year-old man has been charged with harboring a runaway. Tala Rose Schaal, 15, was found after being reported missing back in October.
According to Mason City Police, witnesses reported possibly seeing Schaal go into an apartment building at 324 1st Street SW in Mason City around 7:40 p.m. on Thursday.
Officers responded and found Schaal minutes later.
Police arrested 18-year-old Devyn Robert Belseth for Harboring a Runaway – Against the Wishes of a Parent or Guardian. He is currently in the Cerro Gordo County Jail, held on a $2,000 bond.
Police said Belseth knew Schaal was a runaway and that he allowed her to stay at his residence “multiple times,” according to court documents.
Schaal was reported missing on October 10 after last being seen at her home in Mason City.
The investigation is ongoing and MCPD asks anyone with additional information to come forward. People can call 641-421-3000.
- Authorities make arrest after missing Mason City girl is located
- UPDATE: Missing girls located in Rochester
- Update: Missing North Iowa woman located in Mason City, man arrested
- "Spare Parts" Author in Mason City
- Authorities identify man shot in Mason City
- Charles City police arrest two and locate missing boys
- Prostitution arrest in Mason City
- Mason City girls hoops ranked third
- Mason City PD asking for public's help to locate missing teen
- Update: Mason City PD asking for public's help to locate missing man