ROCHESTER, Minn. - On Tuesday, some miracles and heroes hung out together at the Mayo Clinic Children's Center. The heroes are the Rochester Police Department and the miracles are children fighting illnesses.
With a grant from Target, RPD and Target employees delivered toys, blankets, and balloons to children. Kids and cops made Christmas ornaments, decorated cookies, and drank hot cocoa together.
Paige Thompson's son Keaton is being treated at Mayo. "We don't have ordinary holidays some of the times, having kids with complex medical needs. Some of those fun things are sometimes taken away from, us not on purpose, but just because of their health," she says.
- Miracles and Heroes: Rochester Police Department and Target spend time at Mayo Clinic Children's Center
- Rochester Police Department awarded $30,000 from Mayo Clinic
- Mayo reopens clinics Monday
- Mayo Clinic banning hospital visitors in Rochester
- Mayo Clinic Emergency Staff Plan
- Mayo Clinic makes fundraising history
- Mayo Clinic warns against vaping
- Mayo Clinic Emergency Department busy with ice-related injuries
- Clifford the Big Red Dog visits children at Mayo Clinic
- Mayo Clinic still learning how coronavirus behaves in children