Authorities say teenager was killed after a Metro Transit commuter train struck him in Coon Rapids. The Anoka County Sheriff's Office says first responders were notified of the crash around 6:45 p.m. Friday,
The St. Paul Pioneer Press reported. The teen was pronounced dead at the scene.
The teen's age, gender, and hometown have not been released. The northbound Northstar commuter train had about 50 passengers going from Minneapolis to Big Lake. No passengers were injured.
- Minnesota teen killed after being struck by commuter train
- Bicyclist struck and killed by school bus in Minnesota
- Commuters deal with winter weather
- Occupant of disabled vehicle walking for help struck, killed in Minnesota
- Minnesota 'voter clothing' law struck down by U.S. Supreme Court
- Pedestrian struck, 3 wounded by gunfire outside Minnesota State Fair
- Woman dies after being struck by train in northwest Iowa
- Parents of Minnesota teens killed during 'Nerf wars' sue school
- Rochester's Fall Commuter Challenge highlights new options
- Minnesota teen posthumously named homecoming queen