ROCHESTER, Minn. - Minnesota received $116 million in federal funds for heating assistance. Three Rivers Community Action is one of the agencies in Minnesota receiving money from the funds. TRCA expects to have money sometime this week.
The money will be used for heating assistance over the winter months, to help low-income families keep their heat on. "Maybe they're having to make choices between buying groceries or paying their energy bill, maybe they're facing eviction, or perhaps they've had a medical emergency, so just really struggling to make all their bills," explains Lynette Engelhardt Stott, Energy Programs Coordinator.
TRCA offers grants between $200 and $14000. They're taking applications now until the end of May 2019, and have already received 3,000 applications. Funds are given out on a first come, first serve basis. Applications can be picked up at their offices, found online, or can be requested to be mailed.
- Heat assistance available for Minnesotans
- Minnesotans talk hemp
- Minnesotans warned about Medicare crooks
- Minnesotans warned about spring ice dangers
- Minnesotans are living longer, healthier lives.
- Health officials urge Minnesotans to get vaccinations
- Minnesotan Protects Her Right to Bear Arms
- Minnesotans warned of Lyme-carrying ticks
- Minnesotans question, praise Trump drug import plan
- Minnesotans have third gender option for driver's license