CARVER, Minn. (AP) — The Carver County Sheriff's Office is investigating an allegation of criminal sexual misconduct against a priest in Carver.
Rev. Thomas Joseph said in a statement that he was surprised by the allegation and is prepared to fully cooperate with the investigation because he is innocent of the accusations.
The sheriff's department says an adult female alleges Joseph had sexual contact with her several times over the course of 2½ years.
The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis says Joseph has been removed from the ministry at Saint Nicholas while the allegation is investigated. The archdiocese says Joseph's removal should not be considered an indication of guilt.
- Minnesota priest under investigation for sexual misconduct
- Minnesota priest arrested on accusations of sexual misconduct
- MN priest arrested for sexual misconduct
- Priest addresses Diocese Bankruptcy
- Guilty plea in Austin sexual misconduct
- Preparing new policies on campus sexual misconduct
- Sexual harassment changes stall in Minnesota Senate
- Sen. Franken back to work amid sexual misconduct allegations
- Questions remain on sexual misconduct at Iowa Legislature
- President Trump says accusations of sexual misconduct 'fabricated'