MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - A prominent Minnesota pillow manufacturer is taking a competitor to court over a longstanding trademark dispute.
KFGO radio reports that My Pillow Inc. of Chaska is suing Michigan-based LMP Worldwide Inc. for trademark infringement. My Pillow says that LMP's marketing of its product called "I Love My Pillow" is confusing to potential buyers.
The complaint filed in federal court in Minnesota says LMP is violating Minnesota's Deceptive Trade Practices Act. My Pillow also accuses LMP of breaking the terms of a settlement agreement reached between the companies in a 2012 lawsuit.
The new suit seeks unspecified damages. It also asks a judge to order "the surrender and destruction" of IMP products that may violate trademark rules.
LMP Worldwide did not immediately respond to an email request for comment.
- Minnesota pillow-maker in trademark fight
- Minnesota county attorneys suing drug makers
- Minnesota suing drug maker over opioid deaths
- Prosecutors: Iowa man suffocated baby daughter with pillows
- Fighting the opioid crisis in Minnesota
- Minnesota children's football game halted after adults fight
- Fight against CWD in southeastern Minnesota is escalating
- Fighting heat when fighting fires
- RV maker Winnebago gets into boating with Chris-Craft buy
- Minnesota state wrestling- Saturday