DECORAH, Iowa – A southeastern Minnesota man is sentenced for a deadly crash in northeast Iowa.
Casey Dean Buxengard, 25 of Spring Grove, MN, pleaded guilty to homicide by vehicle and OWI-2nd offense. Authorities say Buxengard was driving at a high rate of speed on County Road A14 in Winneshiek County on July 2, 2017, when he lost control, slid off the road, and rolled his vehicle several times.
A passenger, Justin Vincek, was killed in the crash.
Law enforcement says Buxengard admitted to being drunk at the time of the crash and a test showed his blood alcohol content was .124. Court records state he has two previous OWI convictions in Minnesota.
Buxengard has now been sentenced to 30 days in jail, with credit for time served, and five years of supervised probation. He’s also been fined a total of $2,875.
- Minnesota man sentenced for fatal Winneshiek County crash
- Cresco man sentenced for Winneshiek County crash
- Winneshiek County man sentenced for drug dealing
- Fatal auto accident in Winneshiek County
- Two truck thieves sentenced in Winneshiek County
- South Carolina woman sentenced in Winneshiek County
- Sentence issued for Winneshiek County knife threat
- Credit card thief sentenced in Winneshiek County
- Prison sentence for Winneshiek County gun threat
- SE Minnesota man pleads guilty in Winneshiek County barn collision