MASON CITY, Iowa – A man arrested after a 100 mile per hour chase from Albert Lea to Clear Lake is pleading not guilty to some of the charges against him.
Jacob Aaron Eberly, 32 of Little Falls, Minnesota, is charged in Cerro Gordo County with felony eluding, 2nd degree theft, OWI – 2nd offense, and failure to stop at the scene of a personal injury accident. He was arrested on June 22 after a pursuit by the Iowa State Patrol on I-35 ended when Eberly was rammed by a law enforcement vehicle, went into the median, and rolled.
The chase began in Albert Lea where authorities say Eberly was seen driving a stolen dark blue Hyundai. Police and sheriff’s deputies pursued Eberly but say he was going too fast to catch before he crossed the border into Iowa.
Eberly has pleaded not guilty to the charges filed against him in Cerro Gordo County. No trial date has been set. He is also charged with felony unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and felony receiving stolen property in Freeborn County. He has not entered a plea yet in that case.
In addition, Eberly is charged with one count of terroristic threats in Hennepin County, MN. He’s accused of making a bomb threat at the Rainforest Café in the Mall of America on June 14. A café employee says he was in the bathroom with Eberly when Eberly said he had a bomb in his backpack. Witnesses say Eberly then left the restaurant in what is described as a panicky state and the restaurant was cleared to allow law enforcement to check for a bomb. None was found.
Eberly has not entered a plea in Hennepin County either.
- Minnesota man pleads not guilty in 100 mph chase
- Cresco man pleads guilty to 100 mph chase along I-35
- Spring Valley man pleads guilty to 100 mph chase
- Guilty plea in 100+ mph chase
- Man arrested for going over 100 mph pleads guilty
- Man accused of 100 mph chase with child in the car pleads not guilty
- North Iowa man pleads guilty to 100+ mph southern Minnesota pursuit
- Second guilty plea for second 100 mph chase
- Not guilty plea in 100 mph Floyd County chase
- Plea change in 100 mph chase