DECATUR COUNTY, Iowa – A Minnesota man is dead after a two-vehicle collision near the Iowa/Missouri boarder.
The Iowa State Patrol says Paul Charles Griebel, 62 of Savage, MN, was northbound on Interstate 35 about a mile from the boarder when his semi collided with the International 7000 series, six-wheel work truck driven by David Lee Nickell, 44 of Allerton, IA.
The Patrol says the 7000 series truck had a directional arrow advising drivers to move over into the left lane of I-35 but Griebel did not. After striking the other vehicle, Griebel’s semi went into the east ditch and rolled. The State Patrol says Griebel was not wearing his seat belt and was killed in the crash.
Nickell’s truck spun 180 degrees and wound up facing south in the left hand lane of northbound I-35.
This crash happened around 11:30 am Thursday.
- Minnesota man killed in southern Iowa crash
- 1 killed in southern Minnesota motorcycle crash
- Minnesota man killed by Iowa business owner
- Clear Lake driver in southern Minnesota crash
- Lake Mills driver in southern Minnesota crash
- Pilot identified in southern Iowa plane crash
- Southern Minnesota man dies after ATV accident
- Air quality warning across North Iowa & Southern Minnesota
- 'Peak Alert' issued for northeast Iowa and southern Minnesota
- Strong winds roar through North Iowa and southern Minnesota