NORTHWOOD, Iowa – An Albert Lea man is back in jail for allegedly damaging a Worth County hotel room.
26-year-old Richard Allen Morgan II was arrested in March and accused of causing $1,000 in damage to a room at the Holiday Inn Express near the Diamond Jo Casino. The Worth County Sheriff’s Office was called to the hotel just after 4 am and arrived to find Morgan sitting in a vehicle with glass all over the ground.
Upon checking a room, a deputy says he found several holes in the wall, a broken chair, and a broken lamp. Sheriff Dan Fank says Morgan admitted to that destruction and to breaking the window in his girlfriend’s car.
Morgan was charged with 2nd degree criminal mischief. A warrant was issued for him after Morgan missed a pre-trial hearing in September. He was booked into the Worth County Jail Tuesday morning and is being held on $50,000 bond.
- Minnesota man accused of damaging Iowa hotel room
- Police: Iowa man awakes to intruders in hotel room
- Man accused of damaging property at Mercy-North Iowa
- Minnesota man killed by Iowa business owner
- Minnesota man killed in southern Iowa crash
- NE Iowa man accused of delivering heroin
- Minnesota man drowns in Iowa trying to save niece
- Iowa business owner won't be charged for killing Minnesota man
- Man pleads not guilty in Minnesota after sentencing in Iowa
- UPDATE: Minnesota man killed in NE Iowa farm accident