KIMT NEWS 3 - A Minnesota man has drowned after trying to save his 7-year-old niece.
Authorities say it happened at Lake Red Rock at the Des Moines River in central Iowa. The incident happened around 3:00 on Friday afternoon.
The girl had been playing on the water's edge and ventured into deeper water.
Her uncle, 42-year-old Cha Charles Lee of St. Paul, tried to help her but also went under water.
A Pleasantville Dive team found Lee's body about 20 yard away after a two-hour search.
The girl was taken to Blank Children's Hospital in Des Moines and is in stable condition.
- Minnesota man drowns in Iowa trying to save niece
- Man drowns in central Minnesota lake
- Boy nearly drowns at southern Minnesota campground
- Man saved from icy Minnesota lake
- Minnesota man killed by Iowa business owner
- Minnesota man killed in southern Iowa crash
- Minnesota man sentenced for North Iowa chase
- Free swimming lessons offered in some north Iowa, southern Minnesota locations to combat drowning
- Search resumes for boy feared drowned in southern Minnesota
- Minnesota Lawmakers working to save the bees