NORTHWOOD, Iowa – A trial is now set for a bloody beating in a Worth County hotel room.
Abdirizak Warsame Mohammed, 40 of Owatonna, and Kadra A. Bashir, 32 of Minneapolis, are both accused of assaulting a woman at the Holiday Inn on Wheelerwood Road on December 1, 2018. Authorities say the victim was left with a swollen shut left eye and blood all over her face.
Law enforcement says Bashir held the woman down while Mohammed repeatedly punched her.
Mohammed and Bashir have pleaded not guilty to willful injury and are set to stand trial beginning April 3.
- Minnesota duo to stand trial for North Iowa hotel assault
- Clear Lake duo to stand trial on drug charges
- Howard County duo to stand trial for drugs
- Worth County duo to stand trial for meth and pot
- Emmons woman to stand trial for stalking in North Iowa
- Freeborn County man to stand trial in North Iowa
- North Iowa man accused of molesting girl to stand trial
- Accused hotel room vandal ruled incompetent to stand trial
- Separate trials for Mason City duo
- Meth trials set for Mason City duo