NORTHWOOD, Iowa – A Minnesota duo is sentenced for a bloody beating in a Worth County hotel room.
Abdirizak Warsame Mohammed, 41 of Owatonna, and Kadra A. Bashir, 33 of Minneapolis, were accused of assaulting a woman at the Holiday Inn on Wheelerwood Road on December 1, 2018. Court documents say the victim was left with a swollen shut left eye and blood all over her face.
Mohammed pleaded guilty to assault with intent to inflict serious injury and received 30 days in jail, with credit for time served. Bashir pleaded guilty to accessory after the fact and was sentenced to four days in jail, with credit for time served.
Authorities say Bashir held the woman down while Mohammed repeatedly punched her.
- Minnesota duo sentenced for North Iowa beating
- Minnesota duo to stand trial for North Iowa hotel assault
- Minnesota man sentenced for North Iowa chase
- Cresco duo sentenced for drugs
- Minnesota man sentenced in North Iowa drug case
- North Iowa man sentenced for sideswiping a Minnesota motorcycle
- Duo sentenced for dealing meth in Rochester
- Worth County duo sentenced for drug crimes
- Northeast Iowa teen sentenced for fatal beating
- Second sentence in North Iowa auto thefts