ST. PAUL, Minn. – Governor Mark Dayton is ordering the Minnesota National Guard to provide assistance and emergency relief in 61 counties facing a severe spring snow storm.
This emergency executive order includes Dodge, Fillmore, Freeborn, Mower, and Olmsted counties. It comes after the Rock County Sheriff’s Office asked to use the Luverne Armory to shelter people from the storm in Magnolia after downed power lines caused major power outages Friday.
The order will remain in effect until emergency conditions come to an end.
- Minnesota National Guard to help storm victims
- Minnesota National Guard describes blizzard weekend as 'nonstop' busy
- National Guard ready when duty calls in southern Minnesota
- Former guard raises concerns about Minnesota prison
- Iowa National Guard soldier dies in Cuba
- MN National Guard may help with Super Bowl security
- Iowa National Guard soldiers told they must give back money
- Minnesota nationally recognized for road safety
- SE Minnesota trail gets national designation
- Storms force evacuation of Minnesota State Fair