Austin, Minn. – Minnesota Department of Health Commission Dr. Ed Ehlinger stopped by Sumner Elementary to have lunch with the students and learn about the school’s achievements in the statewide health improvements partnership.
Sumner won the Bronze Healthy Schools award for its efforts toward students' health and wellness. One of the school’s main focuses is on school lunch.
Dominique Dowdell is a fourth-grader at Sumner and said she enjoys the healthy options, like salad bar.
“Because then you are stronger and healthy and then also you can stay awake more easily,” Dowdell said.
- Minnesota Health Commissioner visits Sumner Elementary
- Minnesota Education Commissioner visits Rochester
- Minnesota health commissioner is resigning
- Minnesota Health Commissioner announces family home visiting grants
- Austin's Sumner Elementary named one of America's healthiest schools
- Minnesota Health Commissioner speaks out about medical cannabis shortage
- Minnesota DNR to have first female commissioner
- Over a dozen dead animals found in Sumner garage
- Gov. Walz visits Rochester, talks mental health
- Iowa author visits with Central Springs Elementary students