AUSTIN, Minn. – Police are investigating a burglary and vehicle theft.
Officers were called to a home in the 400 block of 3rd Avenue Southeast in Austin around 2:46 am Wednesday. The residents told police that while they were putting their daughter back to bed, they noticed a purse in the home had been gone through and a debit card, a credit card, an ID, and an undisclosed amount of cash was missing.
Police say two sets of keys and a silver Dodge Caravan with Minnesota license plate 857 PDP were also gone. Officers also found footprints outside in the snow but they were in poor condition due to blowing and drifting.
The victims say the burglary must have occurred between 9 pm Tuesday and 2 am Wednesday. They say the home was locked and they did not hear anything.
Austin Police Chief Brian Krueger says there was no sign of someone breaking into the home and there are no suspects at this time.
- Minivan missing after Austin burglary
- School bus/minivan collision in Austin
- Austin woman arrested for burglary
- Minivan catches on fire in Rochester
- Man facing burglary charge in Austin
- Police release images in Austin burglary investigation
- Man sentenced for attempted burglary in Austin
- Austin man pleads guilty to bloody burglary
- Austin man pleads guilty to rural burglary
- UPDATE: Missing Austin man found