AMES, Iowa (AP) - Senior Kathleen Doyle scored 21 points, Monika Czinano had 20 and Iowa beat Iowa State 75-69 for its fourth straight victory over the rival Cyclones.
Senior Makenzie Meyer scored 18 points on 6-of-10 shooting for the Hawkeyes, who held Iowa State (6-2) to just 31.9% shooting from the floor.
Iowa blew an early nine-point lead heading into the final period. But Meyer came up big when it mattered, following a 3 with a layup to push the Hawkeyes' lead to 64-55 with 4:33 left.
- Meyer helps Iowa beat Iowa St. 75-69 for 4th straight win over Cyclones
- Iowa's defense dominates for 4th straight win in series vs. Iowa State (with photos)
- Iowa State holds off Iowa 84-78 for 6th straight win
- Countdown to Kickoff: Iowa State Cyclones
- Cyclones beat Oklahoma State, 72-59
- No. 19 Iowa rallies to beat Iowa State for 5th straight time
- Mason City alum Meyer nets career-high 21 as No. 13 Iowa women beat Western Kentucky
- Behind Gustafson and Meyer, No. 2 Iowa survives Mercer 66-61
- Vikings wear down Redskins 19-9 for 4th straight win
- With Meyer leading the way, Iowa wins at ISU for 1st time in 28 years.