MASON CITY – MASON CITY, Iowa – Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa says it will initiate Level 3 Visitation restrictions due to influenza.
According to a press release, the hospital will have the following restrictions.
• Anyone with respiratory or influenza-like symptoms and anyone 18 years of age or less is asked not to enter the hospital or visit patients unless they are seeking care.
• Birth Center visitation is limited to significant other
• Pediatric department visitation is limited to parents or guardians
• Adult patients may designate two adults who are allowed to visit during their hospitalization
• Emergency department patients are limited to one adult visitor while seeking care
"Influenza activity is widespread across the United States. The circulating strain this year tends to be more severe. Instating stricter visitation in the hospital decreases the opportunity for the spread of influenza to patients who are more vulnerable to the disease," Kim Overbeck, an Infection Prevention Nurse, said.
- Mercy will initiate Level 3 restrictions due to influenza
- National Influenza Vaccination Week
- When Influenza strikes
- Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa enacting visitor restrictions due to flu concerns
- Mercy to limit visitors due to the flu
- Hospital visits in Mason City restricted due to the flu
- North Iowa hospital restricting visits due to the flu
- Mercy changes name to MercyOne
- New initiatives to grow Iowa