Photo Gallery 9 Images
ROCHESTER, Minn. – Police say they have identified the young men seen on security video in connection to a hotel burglary.
The Residence Inn by Marriott hotel in downtown Rochester reported a break-in on April 1. Rochester Police Captain John Sherwin says six men were seen by security cameras entering the hotel and trying to enter guest rooms.
Sherwin says the men on the video contacted Rochester police over the weekend. The men, who are from the St. Cloud area, were interviewed by investigators and released pending possible charges.
A 49-year-old man from Iowa told officers he woke up around 3 am in his hotel room and saw two intruders standing next to his sleeping 14-year-old daughter. The man says the two ran away when he chased them.
Police say the men appeared to enter the hotel after one came through the front door and propped open a rear door to let the others inside.
- Men on video in hotel burglary investigation are identified
- Probation for Rochester hotel burglary
- Burglary investigation in Grafton
- Crimestoppers release images of males involved in hotel burglary
- Rochester police investigating human trafficking at hotel
- Residential burglary being investigated in Olmsted County
- Burglary investigation underway in Olmsted Co.
- Police release images in Austin burglary investigation
- Residential burglary investigation underway in Olmsted County
- Two men accused of drug possession and burglary in Byron