DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - The Mega Millions numbers that could win an estimated $1 billion jackpot have been announced.
They are 15 23 53 65 70 and Mega Ball 7.
The jackpot is the second-largest lottery prize in U.S. lottery history. Mega Millions says it may take an hour or two to determine if there is a winner.
The odds of winning are a miserable one in 302.5 million.
The prize has grown so large because no one has hit the jackpot since July 24, when a group in California won $543 million.
The $1 billion prize refers to the annuity option. Most winners opt for cash, which for Friday night's drawing would be $565 million.
Officials say that if there isn't a winner, the prize for Tuesday night's drawing would be $1.6 billion, tying the largest U.S. lottery prize.
- Mega Millions numbers for $1B jackpot announced
- Mega Millions jackpot at $548,0000,000
- Mega Millions Jackpot reaches $415 million
- Mega Millions jackpot up to $521 million as drawing nears
- How would you spend the $548 million Mega Million jackpot?
- Powerball's $620 million jackpot hopes to tempt Mega Millions losers
- Mega Millions jackpot to hit $654,000,000 for Tuesday drawing
- Mega Millions jackpot now third highest in U.S. history
- What if you win Mega Millions $970,000,000 jackpot?
- No Mega Millions winner, jackpot climbs to $1.6 billion