ROCHESTER, Minn. – A movie looking to be filmed in Rochester has been in the works for months and took a big step forward on Sunday.
“We are shooting a promo piece in order to get people really excited about The Rebels,” Sara Hamilton, the movie’s producer, said.
The movie, ‘The Rebels’, is about a basketball star returning to the court to help the semi-pro Rochester basketball team.
KIMT first talked to the movie’s executive producer, Kent Johnson, in January. He was meeting with city officials and scoping out places to shoot the trailer. Johnson and Hamilton agree, Rochester is the perfect location to shoot a movie.
“We have the talent, we have the environment, and we have such incredible locations,” Hamilton said.
She said shooting in Rochester helps the cities economy.
“We are using so many resources, local businesses, hotels, eateries,” she said. “And even all the people who are here, we have a lot of the crew members and talent coming from Rochester.”
The team shot promos at popular community spots like Rochester Athletic Club and Café Steam. Hamilton says she hopes the promos attract the ‘right investors’ for the film and brings more filming to Rochester.
- Med City gets a taste of Hollywood
- Marching the Med City Marathon
- Med City FC holds open tryouts
- Med City reacts to college admissions scandal
- Med City takes part in Earth Hour
- Bicyclist volunteers needed for Med City Marathon
- Talking about clean transportation as the Med City grows
- UPDATE: Med City Marathon shortened due to weather, organizers double up on water stations
- Red Cross moves to meet demands of a growing Med City
- C-Span starts filming in Rochester to shine spotlight on Med City