MASON CITY, Iowa - Mason City mayor Bill Schickel announced a number of news items Monday morning regarding the River City Renaissance project.
Schickel said the city has reached an agreement with NIACC to provide certain tickets and bookings for the new downtown multi-purpose arena.
That agreement will go before the city council Tuesday to contract for certain services, he said.
The city has also received a final agreement with Mason City Youth Hockey to use the arena. The lease payments will be $81,000 annually.
Finally, Schickel said the developer of the Hyatt Place Hotel, planned to go downtown, will be at Tuesday’s city council meeting to provide an update.
- Mayor: NIACC reaches agreement to use Mason City's multi-purpose arena; other details released
- Mason City multi-purpose arena construction shifting indoors
- Drone3: Construction continues on Mason City multi-purpose arena
- 5 bidders for stage one of Mason City multi-purpose arena
- Groundbreaking ceremony set for Monday for Mason City's multi-purpose arena
- Mason City multi-purpose arena closing in on opening (with drone video)
- Agreement reached for access road in Mason City
- Multi-vehicle crash Tuesday in Mason City
- Mason City terminates agreement with developer
- NIACC releases 2019-2020 PALS lineup