The new gold cross, mayo clinic ambulance service in Austin opened its doors Thursday. The 2.2-million-dollar project features four drive-through ambulance bays, training space and state of the art technology. Which will help first responders keep the community safe. EMT Brian Ploehn says the new space will enhance the community.
"I'm grateful what Mayo Clinic has done for me. You know, this new facility is refreshing and respectable. It's clean, it's professional, it put a good face for Mayo Clinic in the community," Said Ploehn.
The pace will also be used as a training spot for the medical staff in the region.
- Mayo ambulance service opens in Austin
- Mayo Clinic's ambulance service celebrates facility with ribbon cutting in Austin
- Gold Cross transitions to Mayo Clinic Ambulance
- Mayo opening Saturday clinics in Austin and Albert Lea
- Gold Cross Ambulance Service now in Plainview
- New shuttle service to Mayo campuses
- Mayo to take longer to shift services from Albert Lea to Austin
- Bus service planned between Mayo campuses in Albert Lea and Austin
- Rural ambulance services in dire need of EMTs to fill open positions
- Forest City Ambulance Service rises to the occasion