ALBERT LEA, Minn. - Mayo Clinic Health System in Albert Lea is hoping to improve patient care by renovating their Cancer Center.
The updates include new flooring, more space, and even more privacy for patients. More than $700,000 went into the improvements, with help from donors.
Lonny Thostenson, of Geneva, comes in for chemotherapy treatments every two weeks. He said he's noticed the difference the renovations have made.
"It's like painting your bedroom at home," Thostenson said, "just having a different atmosphere and just a change. It's good. Changes are always good."
A public open house will be offered on Tues., June 19 from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Mayo Clinic renovates Cancer Center in Albert Lea
- Mayo opening Saturday clinics in Austin and Albert Lea
- Mayo expanding clinic at Albert Lea Hy-Vee
- Big gift for Mayo in Albert Lea
- Multimillion dollar grant renewed for Mayo Clinic Cancer Center
- 60 quilts donated to Mayo Clinic Cancer Center
- Mayo reopens clinics Monday
- Mayo Clinic Health System labor and delivery unit closing at Albert Lea campus
- Mayo's Express Clinic adds space to accommodate patient needs in Albert Lea
- Mayo Clinic Health System Albert Lea and Austin receive top honor