ROCHESTER, Minn.- Mayo Clinic is the number one employer in Rochester.
Millions of people come to the Clinic for treatment every year.
They also employ thousands of people from diverse backgrounds.
Mayo Clinic is celebrating that diversity with an event called Festival of Cultures.
It’s an event that has been put on at Mayo for the last 12 years.
In 2006 they started with just over 300 participants now the celebration is at all Mayo campuses and has over 3,000 participants. Fazi Amirahmadi is an engineer at Mayo and said that this celebration brings people together.
“The variety of cultures and education in that way we are enriching our organization and diversity is helpful for organizations to improve and to be a better organization,” said Fazi Amirahmadi.
- Mayo Clinic hosts Festival of Cultures
- Mayo reopens clinics Monday
- Mayo Clinic hosts "Stop the Bleed"
- Mayo Clinic Emergency Staff Plan
- Mayo Clinic makes fundraising history
- Alzheimer's Disease Research at Mayo Clinic
- Mayo Clinic is helping sex trafficking survivors
- Minnesota residents concerned about Mayo Clinic closures
- Mayo Clinic gives Shared Value Award
- Mayo Clinic research finds hysterectomy health risks