AUSTIN, Minn. - Mayo Clinic Health System's Austin and Albert Lea campuses received a major honor.
They're getting a five-star rating from The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
CMS updated hospital performance data on the hospital compare website on data.medicare.gov. The rating helps to empower patients, families, and stakeholders with important information they need to compare hospitals and make informed healthcare decisions.
Out of the thousands of hospitals throughout the country, nearly 300 have earned top ratings.
That puts a smile on Kristin Johnsons face.
“It recognizes the high quality and the high standard of care our physicians providers, nurses, and all of our staff have for the care of the patients,” said Johnson.
To compare hospitals, Click here.
- Mayo Clinic Health System Albert Lea and Austin receive top honor
- Mayo opening Saturday clinics in Austin and Albert Lea
- Mayo Clinic Health System emergency department trains for Albert Lea births
- Mayo Clinic Health System labor and delivery unit closing at Albert Lea campus
- Valet service comes to Mayo Clinic Health System in Austin
- Mayo expanding clinic at Albert Lea Hy-Vee
- Mayo Clinic renovates Cancer Center in Albert Lea
- Mayo Clinic Health System in Austin transitioning from urgent care to same day clinic
- Big gift for Mayo in Albert Lea
- Mayo wrestling holds off Albert Lea