KIMT News 3 - Each month KIMT News 3 and our Giving Your Best partners, Diamond Jo Casino and First Citizens Bank, recognize someone who goes above and beyond to give back to their community.
This month's winner is Matthew Reed, who volunteers for several different organizations.
"I'm a member of the Rockwell Lions Club. We do quite a few service activities and fundraisers. I'm a member of the Dougherty Fire Department. I'm active at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Rockwell and even do a little bit with the Knights of Columbus," said Reed.
"I nominated Matt because he's always wanting to give more, even if it's just something small to something big. And with a heart of gold like Matt's, he deserves it," said Cassaundra Blair, who nominated Matthew for the award.
"I like to see other people happy. I like to build up the world around me. I just think it's kind of our duty as people to help each other out," Reed said.
If you'd like to nominate someone for Volunteer of the Month, click here: http://www.kimt.com/community/giving-your-best-volunteer-of-the-month/
- May GYB Volunteer of the Month: Matthew Reed
- November GYB Volunteers of the Month.
- April GYB Volunteers of the Month
- December GYB Volunteer of the Month
- March GYB Volunteer of the Month
- December GYB Volunteer of the Month: Kiester's Cathy Oldfather
- GYB Family Fair
- February GYB Volunteers of the Month are a jack-of-all trades
- August Volunteer of the Month
- Donations for GYB School Supply Drive are rolling in