ROCHESTER, Minn. – A mattress fire had to be extinguished Sunday morning.
The Rochester Fire Department says it was called to 325 55th Street NE at around 10:12 am on a report of smoke coming from a mobile home. Firefighters arrived to find light smoke coming from the home and a mattress smoldering in a bedroom.
One person in the mobile home was evaluated by paramedics at the scene for smoke inhalation but was not taken to the hospital.
The Fire Department says flames and smoke caused about $5,000 damage to the bedroom. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Mattress fire in Rochester mobile home
- Mobile home fire in Clear Lake
- UPDATE: Arson suspected in overnight mobile home fire
- Crews fight fire at mobile home park in Mason City
- Two-story home catches fire in Rochester
- Kitchen fire in Rochester
- Shots fired in Rochester
- Fire under Rochester bridge
- Smoke detector saves Rochester home
- Man no longer facing charges over damaged mobile home