AUSTIN, Minn. – A man missing since Monday was found alive at his home Thursday.
72-year-old Dennis Hanson was located by Austin police at his residence in Austin at 4:58 pm. He was taken to Mayo Clinic Health Systems in Austin. No further details are being released at this time.
Authorities say they wish to thank everyone in the community for their assistance and support in the search.
His daughter posted about Hanson's discovery on the "Find Dennis Hanson" Facebook page. Click here for more info.
AUSTIN, Minn. – Another mass search effort for a missing man is being organized.
72-year-old Dennis Hanson was last seen Monday morning. Authorities believe he walked away from his Austin home wearing dark red sweatpants and a teal jacket. Hanson may also have been wearing a hooded sweatshirt.
With the assistance of the Mower County Sheriff’s Office, another civilian volunteer search is being planned for 9 am to 2 pm on Saturday. Primary and secondary search areas have been decided and organizers say they’re hoping for hundreds of people to turn out and look for Hanson.
Searchers should meet Saturday morning in the parking lot of the National Guard Armory at 800 21st Street. Volunteers are asked to dress for cold, wet, and swampy conditions and wear blaze orange or yellow safety clothing if they have it. Organizers say they also need ATVs to help look for Hanson.
Volunteers are asked to RSVP via Facebook by clicking here. Searchers should bring their own water and food for the day.
- UPDATE: Missing Austin man found
- UPDATE: Missing Austin man found alive
- Missing Austin teen found safe, father says
- UPDATE: Missing Winneshiek County man found
- UPDATE: Missing Hampton man found in Nebraska
- UPDATE: Missing teen found unharmed
- Minivan missing after Austin burglary
- UPDATE: Man reported missing in Worth County has been found
- UPDATE: Man missing from Chickasaw Co. is found
- Dozens of volunteers search for missing Austin man