MASON CITY, Iowa – One of the top junior wrestlers in Iowa has committed to the University of Iowa.
Cullan Schriever, a two-time state champion at Mason City, announced his verbal commitment to Tom Brands and the Hawkeyes today on Twitter.
Schriever, who is entering his junior season, won state titles as a freshman and sophomore and won a junior freestyle national championship in July.
IAWrestle ranks Schriever as the No. 1 prep wrestler in the state of Iowa.10
Intermat ranks Schriever, who wrestled at 106 pounds as a freshman and sophomore, as the No. 3 recruit at 106 pounds in the country.
Colby Schriever, Cullan’s twin brother who has also found success at the state meet and at national meets, also committed to Iowa. Colby Schriever finished seventh in the Class 3A tournament as a sophomore at 126 pounds.
- Mason City wrestling stars commit to University of Iowa
- Mason City gets financing commitment for downtown project
- Top of Iowa Conference wrestling results
- K-M's Kennedy verbally commits to Iowa
- Wrestling Tuff like Luft
- District wrestling preview
- State Wrestling Tournament Brackets
- Minnesota state wrestling- Saturday
- HIGHLIGHTS: GHV Wrestling quad
- Saturday's wrestling sectional highlights