MASON CITY, Iowa – A young woman accused of dealing marijuana pleads guilty to a lesser charge.
Brandi Joy Benson, 19 of Mason City, was arrested after a May 20 traffic stop in Mason City. An Iowa State Patrol trooper says “a lot” of marijuana was found in Benson’s purse and a large mason jar of the drug was found in her vehicle.
Benson was charged with possession with intent to distribute but has pleaded guilty to misdemeanor possession of marijuana-2nd offense. She’s been sentenced to 14 days in jail, with work release, and two years of probation. Benson must also pay a $315 fine.
- Mason City woman sentenced for marijuana
- Mason City teen sentenced for marijuana
- Mason City woman gets probation for marijuana
- Arson sentence for Mason City woman
- Mason City woman sentenced for meth dealing
- Mason City woman sentenced for meth crime
- Mason City woman sentenced for insurance fraud
- Mason City Walmart thieves sentenced
- Downtown Mason City vandal sentenced
- Mason City woman pleads guilty to marijuana charge